Now onto Bill Godshall's Tobacco Harm Reduction Update for 16 November 2010:
Smokeless Tobacco - The Latest Lies
- FCTC Sectretariat ignores WHO scientific report, misrepresents health risks of smokeless tobacco products.
- Iowa Health Department lies about risks of smokefree tobacco products.
- Pennsylvania Department of Health makes many false claims about smokeless tobacco.
- AAO-HNS Chair falsely claims smokeless "not a healthier alternative to smoking", misrepresents cancer risks.
- Tobacco control lawyers urge FDA to ban low nitrosamine smokeless tobacco products (while keeping far more hazardous cigarettes legal), misrepresent products' health risks and marketing.
- Despite evidence smokeless tobacco more effective than NRT in helping smokers quit in Sweden and Norway, anti-tobacco activists down under want to keep products banned to prevent smokers from reducing health risks.
Big Government in the UK fails to help smokers quit when NRT Program Backfires
- Fewer smokers try quitting cigarettes after UK provides free NRT and cessation clinics
Still fighting for tobacco sanity,
1926 Monongahela Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15218